Following a survey of residents conducted in April and May 2019, Hesket Parish Council proposes to renovate Armathwaite Play Area, with the following aims:
- To improve the appeal and usage of the Play Area, accounting for the needs of the local community;
- To improve access to the Play Area;
- To contribute to community enjoyment of the local environment.
The Parish Council intends to achieve these aims in three stages:
- Purchase and installation of new play equipment;
- Laying of footpath for wheelchair and pushchair access;
- Community led ‘clean-up’, to clear woodland paths, install benches, place bird feeders and boxes, and to undertake planting to attract wildlife
Having undertaken a public consultation in October 2019, the Parish Council has selected Kompan as the final designer for the new play equipment. Their design now includes a modified central tower/climbing frame.
The total cost of the first stage of the project, including installation, removal of old equipment and surfacing, comes to £39,750.81. Further funds will be required to complete the second and third stages. The Parish Council has committed £5,000 towards the project, and is applying for grant funds. Local residents have also begun fundraising activities.Below is a record of funding received for the project so far:
|Type of funding||Source||Amount|
|Own Funds||Hesket Parish Council||£5,000.00|
|Donation||Cumberland Building Society||£200.00|